"Emergency Management/Public Safety Transformation - Meeting the Challenges of 2010 and Beyond"
November 30 - December 1, 2009
Marriot Pinnacle Hotel
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
This year's security forum will provide a focused venue where issues of leadership and management specific to public safety and security will be discussed. Considering that BC will be hosting the 2010 Winter Olympics, there is heightened concern surrounding how public safety officials and practitioners can ensure the highest standard of security during this important global event. Themes will include Information Sharing and Best Practices, Border Security, Disaster Planning, Critical Infrastructure Protection, Leadership in Public Safety, and Interorganizational Communication.
- Security and Public Safety Executives
- Law Enforcement Officers
- Senior Policy Makers, Practitioners and First Responders
- Chief Information Officers
- Chief Information Security Officers/Chief Privacy Officers
- Technology Officials
- Bud Mercer, RCMP Assistant Commissioner, Vancouver 2010 Integrated Security Unit
- Chantal Bernier, Assistant Privacy Commissioner of Canada, former ADM, Public Safety Canada
- Wes Shoemaker, Deputy Minister, Public Safety, Province of British Columbia
- Gregory Garcia, former Assistant Secretary for Cyber Security and Communications, U.S. Department of Homeland Security. President, Garcia Strategies LLC
- Jamie Graham, Chief of Police, Victoria, B.C., former Chief of Police, Vancouver, B.C.
A reminder that this conference qualifies for CPE credits for most professional associations (eg. ISACA, ISSA, and ISC2).
The Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle is offering a special conference rate at a cost of $159.00 CAD per night, plus applicable taxes. A limited number of rooms have been reserved for delegates. Please contact the hotel directly at 1-800-207-4150, and mention Public Safety Conference / Reboot Communications.