November 27-28, 2006
Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre Hotel
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Call for papers click here.
Reboot Communications Ltd.: West Coast's Best Minds and Thumbs Gather at First Vancouver International Game Summit
International Event Provides Recognition and Learning Opportunities for the Visionaries Turning U.S. and Canada's Pacific Coast into a Game Development Powerhouse
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- July 13, 2006 -- Reboot Communications today proudly announced the first Vancouver International Game Summit. Taking place at the Sheraton Wall Centre in Vancouver, BC, the two day conference will bring together the innovators responsible for the explosive growth of the West Coast gaming industry, providing them with a platform to share knowledge and develop industry partnerships.
Tapping into the fast growing pool of game creators residing on the West Coast of Canada and the U.S. the first Vancouver International Game Summit will provide a forum for developers and producers of console and PC games, mobile games, online games and more. The event will not only be a learning and networking opportunity for the gaming community, but will focus on providing information and insight with the goal of industry growth in the coming years. It is expected to attract over 750 attendees, representing gaming companies and trade associations from around the world.
"With close to 3000 people working in the gaming industry in British Columbia alone, it's hard to underestimate the incredible pool of talent residing on the West Coast of Canada and the U.S. This community is responsible for some of the best and most popular games on the market today, so we felt there was a lot to be gained by the overall industry from the creation of an event that would allow for sharing of knowledge and vision," said Greg Spievak, CEO of Reboot Communications. "We are excited to host this groundbreaking international event and judging by the response we have already received from the gaming community it is clear this event will be a heavily anticipated happening."
This year's conference will focus on the following subjects:
- Creative Crossroads - How rising costs of development limits creative innovation
- Content Development in the Next Generation - How the content creation process has changed the next generation consoles
- Is Bigger Better - The impact of increased team size on creative development
- Effective Project Management In Next Generation Development - How to manage large productions effectively
- Designing Emotion - How to use technology to deliver emotional experiences
- Interactive Storytelling - Merging storytelling techniques with interactive experience
- Teaching with Video Games - How interactive entertainment can be used explore the link between learning and fun
- Balancing the People Equation - Developing games without exploiting your employees
- Community Management - Developing and maintaining effective gaming communities online
- Massively Multiplayer - Designing massively multiplayer games
The conference is also currently accepting presentation proposals. The call for papers is open until August 31st, 2006. For more information on submissions and the event visit www.rebootconference.com/games2006.
About Reboot Communications
Reboot Communications Ltd. is a British Columbia based company that organizes and implements international conferences worldwide in the areas of information technology, public safety, privacy and security, health, electronic gaming and counterterrorism. Over the past ten years, Reboot is proud to have developed strategic partnerships with, and organized conferences for organizations such as Motorola, Microsoft Corporation, IBM Corporation, INTERPOL and the Department for Homeland Security. For full information on Reboot Communications and our upcoming events, please visit our website at: www.rebootconference.com.