November 15 - 16th, 2010
Ottawa, ON, Canada
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Advisory Board for the 2010 Privacy and Security Congress in Ottawa is pleased to extend an invitation to those working within the broad privacy and security communities to submit papers on their area of expertise in policy, programs, research and technologies. Of particular interest are briefs on cutting-edge subjects and themes suitable for presentation in either a larger presentation format or as part of a panel discussion. The Committee will be selecting the papers and issuing the invitations to selected speakers. The intellectual property rights of those submitting papers for review will be respected throughout the process.
Date: November 15 & 16, 2010
Location: The Westin Hotel, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
2010 Conference Suggested Topics (not exhaustive):
- GRID Computing
- Social Networking
- Electronic Medical Records
- Cyber Security
- Data Breaches
- Secure Web App Programming
- Identify Management: Authentication and Access
- Cloud Computing
- Cross Border Data Flows
- Mobile Computing: Threats and Solutions
- Legislative Reform
- Asymmetrical Power Relations – Data Subject Powerless
- Governments On-Line
- Workplace Privacy
Call for Papers submission form
All entries must be received by midnight of July 15, 2010. Invited speakers will be notified by August 30, 2010.
Submissions will be accepted electronically at: http://www.rebootconference.com/ottawaPS2010/callforpapersform.php.
Issue papers: An executive or management briefing on a prominent issue or aspect of information privacy or security.
Case studies: Descriptions of a given information privacy or security situation or incident, or research results. Names of organizations can be kept anonymous to maintain confidentiality if necessary.
New technology research: Results or developments in cutting edge research on new information privacy and security technologies.
Sociological / Philosophical perspective: A candid and/or introspective look at the impacts of new technological developments on privacy, security, social consciousness, or social functioning.
Papers in the above categories may be selected for a 15 to 20 minute presentation as part of a specified panel session at the conference.
Have Questions or Need More Information?
- For conference content, theme and agenda questions, please contact: [email protected]
- For venue and conference administration questions, please contact: Reboot Communications Ltd. at 1-604-534-0537, or [email protected]
- For sponsorship questions, please contact Reboot Communications Ltd. at 1.250.388.6060 or [email protected]